It’s my birthday today so like last year and the year before, it’s only right i share some thoughts and how grateful i am. Let’s take it back a year.
I posted 35 little bits of advice, as follows:
1. Do what’s best for you
2. Look after YOU first
3. Train hard
4. Be consistent
5. Take rest days
6. Everyone is a C**t
7. Discipline does in fact = freedom
8. Contribution. Give without expectation
9. Rocky roads are inevitable
10. Expect hardship
11. Manifest your future
12. Set goals
13. Everyone is a C**t
14. Celebrate each and every win no matter how small
15. Progress is progress
16. Have plenty of sex
17. Get outdoors
18. Refer to number 6
19. Call your loved ones regularly
20. Check in on those around you
21. Don’t take “I’m OK” as the answer. Ask again
22. Refer to number 13
23. Everyone is a C**t
24. If you don’t want to do something, don’t do it
25. Start saying NO with confidence
26. Call your mum if you have the chance. It’s a blessing
27. Your trauma is behind you. Look to the NOW and manifest
28. Eat good food. Your body will look after you. Look after it
29. You decide your friendships. This is powerful
30. Cut ties with the negativity in your life
31. You have so much more ahead of you
32. YOU control / manage your mind.
33. YOU control / manage your emotions
34. YOU are loved
35. YOU are a C**t
Hard to argue with this right? A year on, and not much I would change or add. Lessons have been learnt. Hearts have been broken. Jobs have been gained. Jobs have been walked away from. Dreams have been made. As always, life is full of uncertainty, varying from the good, the bad, the ugly, the incredible, the beautiful, the nasty, the love…you get my point. At any one point, your life can be turned upside down, inside out, for the good or, the bad. I wouldn’t wish the bad upon anybody but for me, without the bad, the good wouldn’t have much value. I’m truly grateful for the bad that’s occurred in life. Would I have chosen it before I knew it would happen? Hell no. of course not. Who would? Knowing however the consequences of who I would become, would I have chosen it…it’s hard to say. Right now, I would say yes, I would have but as a child, pain is not really something you want, when it comes to emotional pain and hurt. The short-term feeling of pain and hurt is a hard one to take but as the years go by, we adapt to the challenges and situations and become that little bit mote resilient. There is so much you could go through that could be the end of you… watching a parent go though physical abuse, emotional abuse, illness, alcohol and drug abuse, bullying, bereavement, more bereavement, divorce, self-harm / neglect. All of this can happen and I wouldn’t wish any of this upon my worst enemy. My brother didn’t make it out alive so I know what even half of the above can do to someone. All of this however made me into the man I am today. So, I am grateful today for the pain and hurt that has subsequently given me love and support.
Here’s the list again with some added commentary:
1. Do what’s best for you – if you don’t, somebody else will and you may not like the outcome.
2. Look after YOU first – if you don’t, how will you show up for your loved ones?
3. Train hard – Yeeeahhhh! My favourite – the physical and mental robustness gains are incredible. And your harder to kill
4. Be consistent – consistency will build your confidence
5. Take rest days – we all need to rest. Take time out.
6. Everyone is a C**t – literally, everyone is! Some just don’t accept it and deny it – they’re the worst. Go on like saints when in fact, they’re certified c**ts
7. Discipline does in fact = freedom – 4 + this one – taken me out of many dark places. Have some non-negotiables (gym and food for me) Many will ask you why you do it – fuck them!
8. Contribution. Give without expectation – life value for me – give back – expect nothing. It’s a little selfish for me too as it makes me feel good to give back
9. Rocky roads are inevitable – build yourself so when you fall on a rock, you can pick yourself up
10. Expect hardship – it’s going to happen. Develop yourself in preparation for such time
11. Manifest your future – visualise it. Feel the emotion of it. Work for it.
12. Set goals – like 11. Have longer term – break them down into little goals. Celebrate each win. Get a mentor if needed – hit me up Work with me
13. Everyone is a C**t – You know this already right?
14. Celebrate each and every win no matter how small – as 12 – celebrate – enjoy victories, no matter how small
15. Progress is progress – small steps lead to large gains. As simple as it sounds.
16. Have plenty of sex – make love, have sex – whatever you like doing, just do it! It’s a booster haha
17. Get outdoors – just go for a walk dam it! Or climb a mountain – just GO!
18. Refer to number 6 – No comment
19. Call your loved ones regularly – it’s a blessing. I still need to do more of this. Once they’ve gone…
20. Check in on those around you – random calls, texts etc. Don’t take the first “I’m ok” – ask again!
21. Don’t take “I’m OK” as the answer. Ask again – as per 20
22. Refer to number 13 – those cunts are everywhere
23. Everyone is a C**t – oops – and again
24. If you don’t want to do something, don’t do it. Seriously, do the fuck you want!
25. Start saying NO with confidence as 24, say NO if you want – don’t explain yourself. If they don’t respect your answer, be polite about it but NO is no! I get called all sorts when I say no…”oh your stubborn” – “just say yes” – “why not” – “you always say no”…..Oh fuck off!!!
26. Call your mum if you have the chance. It’s a blessing. I miss my mum dearly. The only thing I want to do some days is to call her or to tell her how my day went or to share something good with her – I can’t but her memory is with me and so is she. If you’re reading this and can’t do this, my love is with you. If you can, call your mum and just say hi to her 😊
27. Your trauma is behind you. Look to the NOW and manifest. As hard as it may have been, you must live your life. Reach out to professionals if you need to.
28. Eat good food. Your body will look after you. Look after it. It’s a machine – if you drive, you put petrol in your car right or diesel? Would you put the wrong type in? I don’t think so – look after yourself. That doesn’t mean not to treat yourself, do what you want – but be mindful!
29. You decide your friendships. This is powerful. Those negative ones, get rid of them!
30. Cut ties with the negativity in your life – oooo as 29. I’m not even reading the next ones so not sure what comes – but it all adds up.
31. You have so much more ahead of you. As true as this is, the past year, I’ve had the lessons that tomorrow may not actually come, all we have is today. Once you sleep, you have ticked today off, it’s all you have. So, embrace the day.
32. YOU control / manage your mind. – your reactions matter.
33. YOU control / manage your emotions – accept them.
34. YOU are loved – truly!
35. YOU are a C**t – you truly are – embrace it you CUNT!!
BONUS 36 FOR TODAY – The world is full of love. Be the love. Attract the love!
And that’s all for today. If you like the above advice, please like and also share on your socials so we can get more traffic on the site 😊 Pretty please. Don’t forget to tag tyns365 https://www.instagram.com/tyns365/ on Instagram and also #tyns365